Windshield.


So I rescheduled Jirem's vet appt this morning. The morning seemed packed since I slept till 8 a.m., and I hadn't spent time with God yet, and I wanted to just be able to go a little slow since tomorrow is the BIG day (SRT begins). Plus, I gotta practice my Mrs. Main Idea monologue and Opening skit for tomorrow and memorize them, and the windshield people were scheduled to come at noon, and GOOD thing I didn't go to Jirem's appt because the windshield man showed up an hour early (as I was typing this actually). BUT he was the nicest man, and my windshield looks BEAUTIFUL now, and the machine they used to fix it is incredible. I took pictures. Filling in the crack with resin= $150. New windshield =$1500. Obviously I chose the man at Safelight Auto Glass to do the first. It has less 0's. Call them if you ever have a crack in your glass :). hehe They are seriously nice.

switching gears:

This morning I read in the Augusta paper about a girl I went to high school with who got into some trouble. Now I know nothing about her life right now EXCEPT the trouble she got into, but it just reminds me that everyone sucks pretty much :). I mean, we all mess up, make mistakes. We are all sinful and cannot be perfect no matter how hard we try. God has been showing me so much recently how much I try to be good but how much I really am dissatisfied with my 'performance' and how really I can't 'perform' well. Although humbling, it's freeing because at the same time that I realize this, I also remember the truth that Pastor Pang said about our Father whose heart is for the repentant and broken, not for the performers who expect praise and rewards. As I break, God's heart is for me. That's comforting. And you know what, it's much easier to do all those things like 'be kind to one another; don't judge others; speak truth in love; forgive one another,' WHEN you are really aware of your own sin and how much you yourself fall short. When you try to do all those things just b/c the bible commands them, it's hard and pretty much impossible and definitely frustrating. It comes more easily if I am aware of much grace God has shown to me.

Ok off to run and memorize my monologue/skit, do some running and returning things...and try to get some relaxing/'jia'加油 in (as Shirley would say) before the Summer starts.

Comments

Popular Posts