Rite Aid. Fish Food. Shorts Goop.


I haven't written b/c I feel like I don't have anything of much interest to say or talk about. I guess I can report two random things, but reporting them is a waste of your time b/c it means you'll waste your time reading them. DISCLAIMER: Only read this if you have time to waste. Or is it waist? No, that's the thing on your body.

Story#1

Anyway, at Rite Aid, I was standing in line with my buggy (aka cart) full of discount items and my hands full of cleaned laundry from the laundry mat and coupons from the newspaper. The line at my local Rite Aid is insanely long. I guess I don't live in a fancy enough part of town for the lines at Rite Aid to be short and the shelves to be stocked properly. They never have what the reader says they'll have, and they usually (like 9.9 times out of 10) have one person working the register ALL day long. Anyway, I was standing in line behind half of Forest Hills. Finally, it was almost my turn; then, this man comes up with a 2 liter of coke and says excuse me. I thought he needed to get past me b/c the line (b/c it's so long) usually blocks the exit. I let him through only to see that he just stepped in front of me, between me and the lady at the register who was about to be finished and leave the check out FREE for me and my laundry armed/discount itemed/couponed self to take her rightful place. I said to him, assuming he must BE with the lady in front of me about to leave, 'oh, are you with her?' he said 'no. im after her.' now i'd been in this line for a while, about 15 minutes. I KNEW he wasn't after her. I said "but I was after her. You were in line behind her before?" and he goes "No. I am in line behind her now."

Now, he was kind of older...not like OLD old but kinda old. I won't compare him to someone I know because that's mean. Anyway, I turned and looked at the line of people behind me who all had their mouths opened. The teenagers behind me were like 'wow.' This old man appeared kind of crazy and then started mumbling at me, so I figured since he just had coke, I'd let him go ahead of me. Plus, I do recall the time I accidentally cut in front of half of Waldbaums. I didn't mean to, but when I realized what I'd done, I didn't move out of line because I was embarrassed, so I figured this was some form of Christian karma.

Anyway, I let the man go, and then he scurried off. I wanted to yell 'you're welcome' after him, but I knew Jesse would say doing so would be 'causing a scene.' Plus, the entire debaucle was kind of humorous.

Story #2:
I always feed Lucky, my Beta whose life I saved, twice a day. I feed him once in the morning and once at night. I've noticed he's more perky and happy if I feed him more, so I usually feed him like 5 or 6 pellets of fish food. BUT, I'm lazy, so I don't like going to the drawer and getting the pellets out of the bag twice a day, so I usually just get out 5 or 6 at the beginning of the day and leave half on the top of the tank for me to knock in later that night when I go to feed him. But recently I've been getting all confused about feeding him. At first I thought I was losing my mind. You see, I'd put the pellets there in the morning but then they'd be gone at night, so I didn't know if they got knocked in the tank or if I didn't put them there or if I actually gave Lucky all 5 or 6 in the morning. Sometimes I'd feed him again when this would happen, sometimes not because I never want to over feed him. I don't want to kill fish. (ehem). :). Anyway. This has been going on a few weeks now.

So yesterday as I am sitting on my couch, I hear some rustling over by the tank, and I look over, and there is Abraham EATING the pellets. Abraham, remember now, is a C-A-T. So mystery solved. Abraham has been eating the pellets each day. Stupid cat. stupid stupid cat. And the reason why he didn't USED to do this (since I've done this leaving pellets out for a year now) is that it has only been in the past 2 months that Abers realized I even HAD a fish. I'm not sure how he missed Lucky the other 10 months, but he did. All the sudden one day, however, I found him sitting on the table, staring into the fish tank (which thankfully has a lid. I'm a smart fish mom...remember....i don't like to kill fish), and batting at it with his little cat paw. I yelled 'ABERS!' he looked at me, looked back at the tank, and batted again. Since the tank is heavy and has a lid, my cat is no match for it. He can't beat it, so Lucky is safe...Lucky's food however, is up for grabs unless I keep it in the drawer.

Story #3

Last Saturday at the picnic, Matt Leung and I fought over who got to sit on the 'rain free' spot at the picnic table. I won the fight by planting my butt there first. I laughed at him and made him go to the other side. After I stood up from my seat that I won, I realized I had a stain on my pants from something sticky that was there. I washed my pants since then and used shout. It didn't come out. Obviously I should stop being such a mean person/lazy person, and I wouldn't have these stories to tell. But Matt should thank me at least for saving whatever pants he was wearing that day. Once again, some form of Christian karma has taught me that being a brat gets me no where fast.

1. Cut in line; you get cut
2. Be lazy; cat eats food
3. Take seat instead of giving; get stain on favorite shorts

Comments

jenn said…
that's why cats are awful
....be nice or no more rides to bus stops. u know u'll miss the goodbyes.

Popular Posts