SRT#4.


Today was a different type of 'serving.' It was the first day of the SRT this year, but out of all the students that were present today, only 2 were new students. Many students weren't there today b/c of the holiday weekend and one family of five kids oversleeping and then deciding not to make the commute. hehe, but the 15 kids we did have were great.

Nothing was 'tense.' Everything was laid back, but it was an organized laid back. Things got accomplished. Lessons got taught and taught well I believe, and honestly, we really just got to hang out with a lot of young lives and invest in deepening relationships.

And you know why that excites me so much?? It excites me so much because of what it means. It means the body of Christ is permeating a community...and what's more, a community that previously had not heard. (not that there aren't other churches in chinatown, but these kids were meant for us...and I believe God brought them to us- but that's another post- ha). And as the years keep going by and we are able to keep up this service and these relationships (by God's grace. Thank you God for giving us the ability to do this and the people to do it, the skills, the building, and the kids and parents), as every year passes, it deepens.

Tiffany was out of town the past week with her family, and I can't explain how much I missed her. I missed her like I miss my regular friends, and Tiffany is only 13 years old! But, I'm used to seeing her all the time. She wasn't supposed to come today, but she came anyway as soon as she got in from the cruise even tho she was tired and all. That tells me she missed us too. I was ecstatic to see her. I was ecstatic to see all the kids today, and to remember names, and to remember the parents' faces.

There were times when the things at the front of my mind were getting people lined up straight and chairs pushed in and tables clean and things in order. A smaller number of kids obviously makes that less of a hassle, but I think God has also been doing a lot of personal work in me to help me let go of some type A personality. As Dana would say, to help me just chill. Today was so chill, but I know that's not the only thing that made thankful to God and praising Him.

Andy tried to fit his entire plate of noodles in his mouth again. I gave him the same look I gave him a year ago at this time when he tried that and they spilled all over his face (to which Kim laughed). Andy knew what my look meant. He then stopped, and smiled at me. Then I said thanks. :).

Bottom line...today I could 'feel' and 'see' the answered prayer. Teaching Accomplished and yet so much time to just 'be' with the kids and experience relationships. I pray that we can feel and see this each week, but even if we can't, I pray that I won't lose my faith in God's word that tells me He is at work doing what is in His heart regardless of if I understand it.

That's all for now. Off to journal in my real journal. That's where I keep the good stuff. You can't see that ;). tee hee.

Comments

Popular Posts