Nesting

So I suppose it's because I'm 28 and getting married in a little more than 2 months, but for some reason I am SUPER into nesting recently. Like, it's insane. I've even ENJOYED going through my 'stuff' and getting rid of things to make room for Jesse. I don't mean to make light of the Holy Spirit, but I feel like God is REALLY preparing my heart and mind for marriage because it was only a year and a half ago that I shared with Jenn that I didn't think I could get married. I couldn't imagine ever being that 'selfless' and make the sacrifices it will take to be united with another person as one flesh- it scared me to death.

But anyway, all of that is to kinda explain why I have taken up to cooking and baking about 75% more than I used to. I'm loving experimenting and trying tons of new things. Ok, fine, I admit it. Knowing that I'm getting new stuff for the kitchen (like pretty mixing bowls, a mixer, Martha Stewart measuring cups, a waffle maker, cute pot holders, dishes that MATCH, etc.) makes me want to USE my kitchen things more too. hehe 

So here is today's creation. It's pretty simple and takes about 45 minutes tops.
I don't have a name for it yet; feel free to suggest something :).
If I do say so myself, it is magnificent :). I just ate it :).

First steps:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. In one pot, boil 1 box of whole wheat pasta
3. In another pot, boil 3 to 4 servings of mixed vegetables (lima beans, green peas, cubed mini carrots) as well as 2 to 3 servings of whole green beans- the cut ones as opposed to the sliced, thin ones. I used can mixed vegetables but fresh green beans are the best).
4. Next, slice 3 average size fresh carrots into nickle/dime size slices, and boil them in a third pot in order to best control how soft they become.
5. Finally, after all are boiled, strain them in a strainer.

Second Steps:
1. Use pam or a tablespoon of some type of oil to grease the bottom of a baking pan.
2. Next, sprinkle about 1/4 or 1/3 a cup of grated monterrey jack cheese over the bottom of the pan.
3. Then, spread the strained pasta evenly throughout the pan.
4. Sprinkle the pasta with a little salt, pepper, and lemon pepper.
5. Add the vegetables, and spread them evenly on top of the pasta.
6. Then, mix a medium size jar of alfredo sauce with about 1/4 a cup of melted butter.
7. Spread the alfredo mixture on top of the pasta and vegetables. It works best to use a spoon so that it can be distributed the most evenly. 
8. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of grated monterrey jack on top.
9.  Finally, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes.

Last Steps:
EEEAAAAAAAAAT AND ENJOOOOOOOOOY :)

             
After spreading the alfredo sauce...
Final product before baking...
Final Product :)!!!!

Comments

jenn said…
i have to make food for my small group this week. i might make this. the cheese doesn't burn on the bottom?
jenn said…
and i like this new font
nope! the cheese on the bottom doesn't burn. it melts into the pasta.

in case ur oven gets too hot (some ovens are different), maybe check it around 30.

I've made something similar and cooked it for like 40 minutes and it was fine, but 35 last night was the max. the edges were crispy in spots. So just to make sure you don't burn, start checking at 30 :) but keep in mind it might take longer. Crispy wasn't bad :). It was good, but longer and it would have burned :)
im glad u like the font. dana and justin find it hard to read. i see their point. i like it tho- for now :)
Becky said…
its encouraging to hear that the Lord has changed your heart because I am totally in the place - feeling like I can never get married because I don't think I'll ever be able to be that selfless now that I've been on my own for 29 years.... love keeping up with you my dear :)
dang34 said…
hmm are the mixing bowls on your registry the same ones that Kim got you for Christmas or something?
no i use the ones kim got me, and i like them a lot, but i want a plastic set that i can microwave :)

the ones kim got me are non microwaveable im pretty sure :)

how did you remember what kim got me for christmas?
haha and on my registry, i registered for three diff types of mixing bowls b/c i couldnt make up my mind. i check my registry frequently. when someone buys a set, i'll take off the other sets :) hahaha

Popular Posts