Last Night's Dream and Gracie's Wind Surf

A mixture of yesterday's events that led to a night of creative dream:

Events of the day that perhaps influenced my dream:

  • I spent the day hanging out with Jesse, mostly in the living room of my apartment
  • During my run, I saw a giant, spread eagle, squirrel lying on the upper walkway that crosses over Grand Central Parkway to the south of the LIE. It scared me to death.
  • I fell asleep on the couch.


So during the night I ended up dreaming that giant-opossum-sized-squirrels got into my apartment during my sleep. They were running around like crazy and trying to attack my pets. I was stranded on my couch, unable to move. I called Jesse. He came over and, as usual, has a less dramatic reaction. He says 'wait till morning,' and then call your landlord. I say no and try to find my phone to call 911 b/c I think we are dying. These squirrels are bigger than Abraham- about Jirem's size, and going insane.


Just about that time a giant squirrel that was near Jesse's feet (I'm standing on my couch) jumps onto me. I shriek and, with all my might, thrust it off of me.

The shriek, blood curdling as it was, awakens me from my nightmare, but not only do I hear the echos of my own shriek. In addition, I hear a cat screech and notice that poor Gracie is FLYING through the air. I was sleeping on the couch....and I assume she had jumped on top of me, but at that moment she was in the air on the OPPOSITE side of the coffee table...that's a good 3.5 foot wind surf I gave her. Poor thing...

I then proceeded to fall back asleep. The giant squirrels never returned to my dreams, but I did return to the scene of the crime in my dream where I spent the rest of it investigating where the squirrels came from only to find a giant predator sized hole in my wall....strange. I checked this morning, though, there is no hole....and Gracie has forgiven me...and does not walk with a limp :).

Comments

Popular Posts