A Taste of Augusta, Georgia on This Saturday :)

So umm this post is probably boarderline plagiarism, so I HAVE TO SAY I AM TAKING IT FROM THE RANTS AND RAVES OF THE AUGUSTA CHRONICLE NEWSPAPER OF AUGUSTA, GEORGIA. For those of you who don't know, the Rants and Raves, is a place where people from Augusta write into the paper constantly to give their 'rant' or 'rave' about something going on in the world, U.S., Augusta, or ANYWHERE...or basicall to give their thought (worthy of being heard or completely UNWORTHY of being heard) about pretty much ANYTHING their little hearts' so desire. My dad is famous for writing in to give his rants and becoming published, (yes, I only say rants....because the one rave he gave was sarcastic and about how he was happy that the hockey stats and scores in the paper were so small and on a separate sheet that he could so easily remove and dispose of it since he HATES hockey and it isn't a REAL sport by sport standards). Well, he's famous in our family, at least. I don't suppose people around town know his secret hobby. ANYWAY, as a family, we constantly read the Rants and Raves simply to laugh at the things people say (so yeah...that means make fun of people) because they are usually SO INCREDIBLY ridiculous. Today, however, I found the last four rants to be delightfully humorous and or honorable, and I wanted to share them with the world since most of the world is not privy to the captivating and absurd world of the Augusta Rants and Raves. With that brief introduction, my comments ABOUT the Rant or Rave, is written in black. The stolen from the Augusta Chronicle ACTUAL Rant or Rave is in bluish-indioish-violet.


For Kim and Dana (and all the stinkin' kids at the CC): WHAT’S UP WITH folks who don’t wash their hands? It’s especially bad when you work in the medical district and you see folks doing this. Soap and water can be found all over the hospitals and nearby buildings in our area. Use them. I don’t want your germs. Also, if you really can’t get to the soap and water, hit that bottle of sanitizer they have pretty much at every doorway. Simply disgusted.
For everyone who drives (including myself), this one made me laugh OUT loud, literally. I totally agree, and I bet if President Obama DID do this, his numbers would increase by the dozens. No one would have a problem with him then. Keystone pipeline what? Healthcare what? Religious organizations paying for abortions what? Secret Islamic what?: WITH A GALLON of gasoline heading to $4 and beyond, it’s time for President Obama to step in and propose a gas stamp program similar to the food stamp program to help us be able to get back and forth to work. The government needs to provide us with 12 gallons a week.
For everyone because I know what you mean whoever you are that wrote this. I get annoyed when I'm in line BEHIND someone using their phone, and they take particularly long b/c the cashier has to slowly and loudly repeat everything he/she is saying since the said person in front of me is seeking to have an EXTREMELY important conversation on his/her phone (or bluetooth) while buying his/her lotto ticket and soda. I AM A PART-TIME cashier at an Evans retail store. Please have some courtesy and stay off your phone when we are trying to help you. It is rude. If you have to talk on them, do it out of the store.
For those who read my Facebook, where I posted my sad response about the state of the middle school to which I once went, and where I also stated that I was not surprised because it was pretty bad when I was there :/ RAVES TO THE Lakeside Middle School student who demonstrated bravery in reporting the actions of the Charlie Rape Gang. He is truly a hero who shows that one person can make a difference.
So there you go! I hope you enjoyed this little taste of Augusta life on this nice Saturday morning. For those of you who want to go ALL the way and feel like you are in Augusta, the weather there is in the lower 60's, and it's rainy and stormy with 85% humidity. The wind-speed is currently 13 mph but will wane to around 5 mph as the day goes on. So head on out to a Sonic or Waffle House or Crackel Barrel or Chikfila, imagine that weather, speak kindly to someone you don't know, find someone to randomly smile at you and speak kindly to you even though you don't know them, and read this post, and THEN you will practically be in Georgia :). You're welcome :). Happy Saturday :).

Comments

Popular Posts