Run Stats for January 2nd

Things one: After running in the Georgian terrain for a bit, I shaved almost a full minute off of my speed. Everything is flat here, and there it is NOT. My speed today was an 8:56 min mile :).

Thing two: I ran 10 minutes before I realized I still had the tag on my new beanie that Jesse got me for Christmas. A pretty pink puma is nice, but not with a flapping white tag on top.

Thing three: After the 3rd fellow runner I passed today, I laughed to myself realizing that I was seeing so many because it was 'New Years' and the time for the most common resolution- to lose weight. I RARELY, I repeat, RARELY see another runner on my routes in NY. I NEVER see more than 1 in a day. Today I saw 4. Funny.

Thing four: I got in someone's way, and even though I apologized a lot, he was mean to me. It made me miss Georgia. The entire time I ran there, no one was rude to me, and usually everyone smiled and waved and said hello. Other than the mean man, no one acknowledged me today. I feel bad for people who have lived in NY all their life and never visited slower pace areas. They may not be aware of how discouraging interaction with some types of people here can be. While in Georiga, everyone was so friendly just as you passed by them. It was like they just wanted to share a joy about life or something regardless of whatever was going on- JUST BE KIND. I wish everyone would be that way.

Thing five: I listened to two Keller sermons. One on sin; one on marriage. In the marriage one, he said something that completely contradicted something I heard Mark Driscoll say. When I heard it from Driscoll, I was annoyed and disagreed with him. This was like 2 years ago, and when I heard Keller say what he said today, I felt justified. haha AND even more right. Maybe that's arrogant and prideful.

Comments

Kin Chung said…
You listen to two time Keller's sermon. Did you ran for 70 minute for 8 miles?
haha i run slow. on this day actually i ran 8:56 minute mile. his sermons are between 30 and 45 minutes usually
Kin Chung said…
That is not slow, its a good speed for GIRLS!!!
well usually im a 9:25ish mile. the 8:56 was only the first day after i got back from georgia. i think it was because i was rested and didn't run the day before and all my runs in georgia were in the hills with steep climbs. ny streets were much less 'hilly.' but since that day, i'm back down to 9:25. lame.
Kin Chung said…
How fast can you lose your stamina? You just got back from Georgia!

Popular Posts