Chocolate Covered Pretzels and Making the Bed

I will be glad when all the chocolate covered pretzels I bought JESSE for Christmas are GONE and I can get back to my pre-5-lb-bag-of-chocolate-covered-pretzels weight.

Although I gain savory sweet tooth snacks by gaining Jesse, I also gain an extra exercise....making the BIG bed. There are a few reasons why making the bed AFTER marriage is harder than it was BEFORE marriage.

1. the bed has doubled in size making me unable to reach fully across the bed to smooth the covers. Rather, I have to walk all the way the other side multiple times.
2. The pillows have doubled in number and find themselves strewn all around the room (not by the female part of the marriage). My pillows used to stay on the bed. They no longer do. So there are some extra steps to find all the pillows.
3. You know how you usually tuck the sheet under the mattress at the foot of the bed? And you know how you usually do that when you put the sheets on the bed and then not again until you change the sheets? WELL, I do that every time I make the bed b/c my husband informed me he likes to pull the sheets out and tuck them under his feet when he sleeps. ????? Maybe it is some throw-back to the comfort of the mother's womb. I hear we humans have those idiosyncratic tendencies.
4. Finally, the sheets in general are turned all opposite directions and not laying smoothly on top of one another because as soon as I get out of the bed in the morning, I think it's Jesse's cue to pull all the extra covers over to himself, wad them up into a ball, throw them up in the air, and then let them fall wherever they like. I swear I'm gonna catch him doing this one day. I think he does it in his sleep. :). Actually, sometimes at night, he pulls a 'Kevin Ong' (I think Hei told me Kevin does this) where he pulls the covers over to his side and then ROLLS OVER ON TOP OF THEM. Please tell me how a small woman is supposed to garner the covers back to her side when a giant ape of a human is hogging them and laying all his dead body weight on top of them?

With that said, Jesse usually makes the bed, so I don't get this exercise every day, just occasionally :). Additionally, this is not a complaint. It is written more for your amusement. I quite enjoy living with an ape of a human. It is interesting to continually learn and laugh about the differences between sugar and spice and everything nice and snails and shells and puppy dog tails :).

Comments

elisabeth said…
ape of a human hahahaha this had me laughing out loud

Popular Posts