RIP Andy Rooney

I saw some post remarking that he made so much money for his little essays or something and that it wasn't 'anything,' but from what I find, he lived a pretty full and honest life and worked hard. Why begrudge someone because of honest fortune? I find it very sad when the world loses someone as advanced in age as Andy Rooney was. He was born in 1919. My great grandmother was born near the turn of the century and had sisters born in the 1800s. As a child, that created nothing but sincere marvel in my mind. To have a great grandmother like that was as 'neat' as if she had been a movie star.

Andy Rooney lived through the great depression and both world wars, Vietnam, the Gulf, the Cold War, and all modern day political discrepancies and distresses. I cannot but believe he held great wisdom inside his 92 year old mind. They say that even if we can't bring to mind every memory from our entire lives, that they are stored inside our brain. A brain with memories from 1919 and all that has happened since is a brain I would like to have giving me perspective on a day-to-day basis. Perhaps it is General Revelation from God, but I believe that wisdom gained from sheer experience and age is often times much more holy than any wisdom of our youth, and yes I mean holy as in godly. Even if Andy Rooney did make insane amounts of money from his little speeches, I doubt he used that money to buy Prada bags and Vivienne Westwood designs.

I pray for the comfort of his family today. And I pray that one day when my skin sags and my hair greys or falls out, the physical demise of my body will be reciprocated by the blessing of recollection of experience and lesson that has afforded me much wisdom.

Comments

Popular Posts