So Much to Make so Little Reason to Do It

Going Crazy with Burlap and Old Frames:


Jenn didn't respond fast enough about whether or not I could begin brainstorming on her wedding invites, and I needed to craft. I just couldn't get over how much I loved the color of this blue burlap, so I made another organizer with it and accented it with pearls. I also made a matching picture frame b/c a girl can never have enough pictures of her handsome nephew.
But that wasn't enough. I also felt like posting some of my previous creations. I got the idea to make some of my older 8 by 10 picture frames that I don't use into more useful creations. I made a recipe rack out of one and a picture frame that can house cards or pictures out of another. All I did was paint old frames and string ribbon or twine from one side to the other- then you can pin whatever you want to the twine. 

The yellow frame is the recipe holder although it is currently also housing 2 pictures of Franklin, about 12 recipes clumped on post it notes, as well as an invitation to pumpkin carving made by little 4 year old hands :). I hung it by the stove, and it works great. Before, I had my recipes posted to the cabinet, but this looks more organized :). 

Here is the final look of the blue frame and burlap in the den above the tv:
To the left of what's pictured is the yellow burlap organizer. I could have taken a shot of the whole wall, but I would have had to stand on the couch, and currently there are a person, a dog, and a cat sleeping there. I didn't want to disturb.

I must admit, part of what I look forward to about 'having kids' is the 9 months of craft filled nesting which will precede the birth of him or her. Jenn...please give me tasks before I end up telling Jesse I want kids. 


Comments

elisabeth said…
i really like the fact that your tidy shelf appears in the reflection of the mirror.
nicole said…
ohh i like the color of that burlap too! and i love all these different crafts you've made!

Popular Posts