I Believe...


There is a redemption. That is what I believe.

There is a fountain filled with blood that flows from deep within Emmanuel’s veins. And sinners plunged beneath the flood lose all their guilty stains

God would never leave the outcome of this world entirely up to sinners to figure out on their own. If our decisions were the only deciding factor in the outcome of humanity, oh the horror, but there is a Hand that guides and that takes all the ridiculous entanglements we get ourselves into and makes them fulfill His great grandeur of purposes. He is interested in who we each become, and so whether our circumstances are this or that, we would still be feeling this or that and thus becoming what He endeavors to make us become by His will.

Every life is currently having an infinite impact on infinite amounts of other lives every day and changing forever the outcome of infinite lives by the millisecond interactions we have with each another daily. That cannot be controlled and sustained by mere human will. It must be maintained by God. The things we say to one another that cause us to think certain ways that then impact our actions or our desires or our other thoughts and our words or our wills or our devices…do you cross many people daily that do not somehow bring some thought into your head and affect some thought some way? Is there one relationship you have that does not in some way impact or affect your life?

Even my counselor thinks of me during the week, she tells me, and she gives me examples of how by sharing the sermon she was listening to in her personal life and then recommending it to me. My problems affect her. Her patients, that God wills for her to have, will play a substantial role in the playing out of her own life. Is this all chance and governed by ourselves? If so, what a mighty responsibility we have upon our shoulders! If so, we must all be so afraid that we should not get out of beds in the morning for fear of how we will screw it all up!

Praise God. He is in control. So, when I start doubting the choices I have made, the decisions I've made that led me here or there. When I start feeling stuck and fearful, when I regret or wonder ‘what if,’ or ‘should I have,’ when all those thoughts come to mind, I remind myself what it is that I believe. I believe THERE IS A REDEMPTION. I believe that GOD is and HAS BEEN in control.

It does not much matter what it is that I have done. What matters is that I am looking to Him right now and calling to Him and begging Him, Oh Lord my God, forget not your servant. Forget not this earth you have made. Tarry not so long. We groan eagerly for the day when we are made anew by the power of your Holy Spirit, the Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead as the FIRST FRUIT, as the FORETASTE of what is to come. Oh God, right our wrongs; may thy will be done at all cost; make us what we SHOULD BE, what You want us to be, what we NEED to be, place us where You know we should be for Your glory and Your good. Dare not let us have what we 'want,' but please Lord Jesus change our wills and make us more like thee. 

There is a redemption. He is in control. That is what I believe.

Comments

Popular Posts