Bowling Night....(with the mean men).


So Jesse and I went bowling on Tuesday night. It was his attempt to cheer me up since all I wanted that night was to hang out with Franklin, but I didn't  have the time to drive to his house :p. I thought Jesse was just confused about how to drive when he not exiting the LIE near our house. I was on the phone with my dad and waiving frantically for Jesse to change lanes, but he insisted on NOT changing, and we ended up at Whitestone Lanes :). Fun Times :) His attempt worked :) (Minus the story the interesting story below).

Well, it WAS fun times until a certain man beside me was MEAN to me. At first I apologized and cowered, but then feisty Megin came out and I was mad and wanted to get snippy with him. It took a lot of willpower to not be mean to him or try to wreck his game.

See there were these three men bowling at the lane next to us, and they looked like they were taking it pretty seriously. Their scores weren't great, but they were being all serious and watching their form. Jesse and I, however, were just having fun. So I notice that when I going up to bowl, one of the men keeps stepping back away and looks annoyed, so then I say 'oh sorry, you can go ahead' thinking that maybe he doesn't want me to be up there at the same time cuz it might mess him up. So after I say that and back far away, he goes 'WELL THE MOVE OFF.' And he shoos me away fiercely with his hand. I realize he means move off the wooden part ENTIRELY even though I was like 20 feet away from  him. So I cower and step down and say 'sorry' all scared like and look to Jesse who just shrugs. I say to Jesse, "I was trying to be nice," and Jesse is like "yeah, I donno."


                               (Score Half Way Through)
So then we bowl a few more times and make sure we aren't in their way, but then as it turns out, Jesse ends up up there to bowl at the same time as this man about 10 minutes later. Jesse steps away from the man, about maybe 5 feet, and says 'Go ahead,' and the man just smiles and bowls even though Jesse is SO NEAR HIM. He doesn't yell at him to MOVE or shoooo him off violently with his hands.

I stand open mouthed- I'm shocked, and say WHY WAS HE NICE TO YOU? Well I didn't yell it, but I said it with a surprised/mad tone. Jesse says, "I guess it's because I have muscles and you don't." BUT THEN I realize that I think it's because JESSE is ASIAN and I AM WHITE. The three men were Korean. Well, I thought they were Chinese. Sorry. But the only way Jesse knew was because he heard them speak Korean, and I coudn't hear them speak b/c they spoke it on my bad side....with my bad ear >.<. So yeah, I think they liked Jesse and were nice to him b/c he was Asian, and I think they were mean to me because I was a white girl.

Hmph. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems like a double standard. I WAS SO FAR AWAY FROM THAT MAN, and he was so rude to me. Hmph.

Ok that's all.


                                                       Final Score:

p.s. As you can tell from our scores, Jesse and I are terrible bowlers. Well Jesse is more than twice as good as me. I stink. I have never said I was good. I just think it's fun :).

Comments

kchunger said…
In reality, Jesse wanted to practice before he went with the kids

Popular Posts