No Plants for me.


i thought i was a good mom all the sudden. my near death geranium (that died b/c i kept it inside and apparently it didn't get enough sunlight by the window) was FINALLY coming to life again. It was budding all over the place. I'd hung it outside a few weeks back, but it didnt spring to life even though I watered it. So I moved it into an ever SUNNIER spot, and then my neighbor suggested I move it again, and it was working, it was starting to live. I wasn't remembering to water it all the time, but apparently what I WAS doing was working.

I thought....because it was blooming. So I'm a good plant mom, right?

Wrong.

Conversation had yesterday with my Spanish neighbor:

Neighbor: oh, this your plant.
Me: yeah, it's finally blooming again.
Neighbor: you know, I water it every day, and I move it around to make sure it gets good light. I take good care of your plant for you.
Me: Really? oh....thanks. Yeah, I'm not so great with plants I think. It died, but I'm glad it's blooming.
Neighbor: yeah, no problem.

Thought to self: fail Megin...fail.

Dear Geranium, I'm sorry I suck as a parent, but I'm glad you are being fostered by other parents. I'm glad you came back to life. I felt really bad when you died. I'm glad God provided you with a better mom. I feel almost guilty to call you mine anymore. I may just go ahead and let the Spanish lady keep you. She's a good mother. She has lots of plants, and she also has about 6 dogs that sometimes poop near my door...but I guess I can't get mad at her. She saved your life.

Love,
Your ex mother.

Comments

whitneygc said…
I have a little flower bed on my front stoop and my dad planted some flowers in it. I'm a terrible flower mother too, because I can't keep them alive/blooming!! One of the flowers died completely and despite the fact I've been watering the others, they are all brown!!

Popular Posts