Something New.

For the City that never sleeps, New York can be kinda lonely. Maybe this is because I don't live in Midtown, or maybe this is because most of the people in my 'community' are, like me, commuters; therefore, being a community face-to-face takes a lot of energy and effort. I suppose that's why so many people turn to virtual communication as a filler for actual community, and I can't say that I am not guilty of this. Recently, I have been making it a point to be with people more, and it has been nice, but I sometimes miss having someone who lives with me so that I can tell him/her mundane or ridiculous details about my day and hear him/her laugh. So I'll send a text or call, but it doesn't always fill me up. I do look forward to living in the midst of a community again one day although I definitely do enjoy the perks of living alone as well :).

With that said, I have decided to resurrect my blog. I usually only update sporadically with long posts, but I want to update more frequently now with shorter, ridiculous things because I like to share the ridiculous silly things of life or thoughts that I have that you could give feedback about. Sometimes Jirem and the cats don't respond much when I talk to them :). I will still do the occasional long post, but those are few and far between as we all know.

So silly story #1-
I wanted to use up all the rest of my lotion because I had like 5 bottles with just an iddy bitty bit left, so today I have on like 5 different scents b/c no one bottle had enough lotion in it for my whole body ;p.

#2
I sent my nephew a package with a mickey mouse tshirt, a stuffed cow, bubbles, pictures of me with a life size elmo and mickey, an elmo card, and a baggy full of nickels and dimes(b/c he loves coins and change). I was so excited for him to get it and be so happy about his presents from may may. My sister texted me and said this was his response: Why may may send me so many nickels and no quarters?

sigh. i guess the days of sweet little innocent toddler are over ;)

Comments

dang34 said…
"but I sometimes miss having someone who lives with me so that I can tell him/her mundane or ridiculous details about my day and hear him/her laugh."

Soon, my dear.
dana, you're moving in??? but i still have my cats!

if u move in, keep ur silly plastic sticky hands to urself.

Popular Posts