...almost...Saturday...almost...

We are going through the advent themes of Hope, Peace, Love, and Joy during Community Center this month.

The first theme is hope, and thanks to wonderful Dana and Christen, we have, once understanding what hope is and why it's a Christmas theme, been working to actually DO things for people around us that might encourage them or give them hope.

Today we baked cookies and made cards for Chris Ng. The baking cookies part was only the second time all year I've felt as if I've had their undivided attention.

The first time was when I fed them pizza at Halloween.

In other news, I got off at a different train stop today so I could walk to 124 and give out fliers. I noticed anew just how poor people are. I think we become immune to the city sights when we drive our cars or get off at the same stops all the time. We get used to seeing the homeless man on the corner by the coffee shop; therefore, the fact of his perpetual homelessness or the filth in his fingernails ceases to affect us as deeply. Well, at least that is the case for me.

I let Sara Yuen play with my make up today. She gave me a make over. I got one purple eye and one white eye....and then some lip liner strategically placed right under my nose.

OH and amazing wonderful story of the day: I ordered a turkey and cheese sandwich to go for dinner on the way home....and the diner guy gave me a donut for freee!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize it until I opened my sandwich once I was on the nasty subway car! It made me smile, and I contemplated for a good 2 minutes whether or not to get off at the next stop, change trains, and return to thank him.

I decided not to though....they were closing when I left :)

Comments

dang34 said…
Yeah, I'm wonderful. You better recognize, son.
jms said…
free secret dounut?? i think that guy liked you!
haha whatever! he was old!!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts