Abellea- I Believe (with Video- be gentle)

Abel- meaning breath, vapor, or son, or vanity, as in Ecclesiastes where Solomon writes that everything in vanity- meaningless. The breath of God comes one way and then another- it gives life and takes life... and we do not know from where it comes.

"Under the sun, what has meaning?" Solomon asks. The wise king has searched everything, and not that no thing is ''good,'' but he finds eternity is the world for which we are made... there are times in this current world for pain, for joy, for laughter, for mourning... for all things. But under the sun, nothing is found that gives ultimate meaning and purpose and fulfillment... because ultimate meaning, ultimate purpose, was always meant to be found in our communion with our God, our Lord, our Savior... in a world which we will one day find again- a promised land, like the Garden, the world for which we were made, the world from which we fell... and one day, we will return, and there will be no Fall.


God was "able" to sustain the life of this child. He was also "able'' to allow this to be another filling up- my sufferings for His sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what was lacking for the sake of the body, that is the church.  Sufferings for the world's sake, for my own, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions..... for the sake of his body.... the church, of which I have become a minister according to the stewardship and sovereign calling and providence OF God, FROM God. A calling that was given to me for His glory, not for my happiness or comfort, but to make the word of God fully known." I can only carry this out by His strength and His grace... by nothing of my own merit or strength or wisdom. This I do believe to be my calling. 

These words, taken from biblical texts, do not imply that there was or is deficiency in Christ's atoning death and suffering- such a thought would contradict the central point of Colossians and the rest of Scripture. But by ''lack'' it means the filling up in us, in those who seek Him, who are being made like Him- our light and momentary affliction (in comparison to Glory) is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison. 
(Colossians 1:24 and 2Corinthians 4:17- explanation paraphrased from the ESV study bible). 

Lea- or Lee... depending on whether our Abel is a boy or a girl. If he is a boy, Abellee, a girl, then Abellea, (spelled like my middle name- still pronounced 'lee' though). 
Lee- means healer... this child is indeed healing us... healing our marriage... healing our view of life.
Lea- means bringer of good news... this child was indeed a bringer of good news... of wonderful news. 

I wrote this small song in about 5 minutes this morning. I simply recorded it on my phone. I haven't the strength to figure out what the best chord progressions would be.... any of my talented musician friends reading this are WELCOMED to send me a chord chart or put fill in the gaps. I hear it on guitar, because I love guitar. But we all know I can only play piano... and even that not very well. Anyway- the lyrics are below, and here is the rough video of me singing it. Rough draft should be stressed... I would play with the lyrics to help the timing and flow work more smoothly. 

Abellea, I Believe click on the link to listen to my rough, acapella version

Abellea, Abellea, I believe. I believe, you could have been born from me.
In a world without sin, in a world unbroken, where Eve does not eat apples from trees.
Abellea, I believe. I believe you could have been born from me.

Abellea, Abellea, what would you see? What would you be? 
What do you see looking down upon me?
As you dance with the King, with Aden Zoe, 
Abellea, I believe you were for me!

       Abellea, why can't you be? 
       Abellea why can't you be here with me?

I believe. I believe, oh my sweet Abellea, 
I believe that one day I will see.
I will see you dancing. Oh my sweet Abellea! 
I will dance- I will dance with you and dance with my King.
Abellea, Abellea, I believe......   Abellea, I believe. 

       Are you blonde or brown? Do you turn flips? Go upside down? 
       Abellea what are the things that bring you joy?
       Abellea, made in me, but you belong to a King. 
       And a King chosen to set you free.

So I believe. I believe, oh my sweet Abellea! One day I will hold you as my sweet baby.
And I believe. I believe, though I cannot see- Oh Abellea, I choose to believe.

        Where would I go? Who else has the words of life but our God?
        Though it's hard, Abellea, I will stay!
        Where would I go? Who else has the words of life but our God?
        Though it's hard, Abellea I will wait!

Abellea, Abellea, will you look down on Mommy? 
Will you ask the Lord, 'Oh give my Mommy peace.'
Abellea, Abellea, will you look down on Daddy? 
And will you pray, 'Oh my God, oh give my Daddy strength.'

Abellea, Abellea, precious breath and vanity, 
it all means nothing, and it all means everything.
In this world in between here and my sweet Abellea, in this world, it is all vanity. 

And Abellea, Abellea, I believe. I believe in this pain there is meaning. 
I can't see. I can't see. I can't see through the pain, but in this pain, Abellea, there's meaning.
There's meaning Abellea, I believe. 
Oh Abellea, thank God you were meant for me. 

Comments

Popular Posts