...one of THOSE days...

Today is one of those days when ev.ry.thing.feels.like.it.takes.all.the.strength.i.have. I can't seem to find motivation. It doesn't help, I suppose, that this cold has lingered long enough to outstay its welcome. Colds can occasionally be enjoyable because one is able to guilt-free-veg on the couch, but once they impede with one's schedule too much and take a hard hit at one's emotions, it's time for them to leave. Plus, I've seen all the free movies on Jesse's amazon prime account.

I hear that idleness can be bad because it causes one to think too much, but then again, when I am extremely busy without a moment to breathe, I find myself feeling that I am continually going through the motions without time to evaluate if I even WANT to be doing what I'm doing or living the life that I'm living. Where is the in-between? The place where you don't think TOO much but where you DO think ENOUGH. The in-between is definitely not today because NOTHING feels right today. I can't even get excited about organizing my medicine cabinet, a task which, believe it or not, would normally invigorate me.

Okay, I suppose invigorate is a little 'too' much of a description, or I suppose if it is not, I shouldn't be so quick to expose how much of a neurotic loser I am. All I know is that I wish my feelings were not so blah, disparaging  depressive, bored, sad today. I feel like picking up a 5 year old from school and eating icecream with him would really help, but I don't think I can make it to Georgia in time. He has an 8:30 bed time. It's already 5 p.m. I could look forward to taking a trip this weekend, heading to San Francisco for the first time, but right now packing my bag sounds like too hard and strenuous of a task. If I don't feel like organizing my medicine cabinet, I CERTAINLY don't feel like packing. That takes TOO much mental and organizational energy.

The laundry is done. I will end for now... let the excitement of the blog be a reflection of the excitement inside my soul right now. Pitiful.

Comments

Popular Posts