Tradition.

So I always wondered why there was that tradition about not seeing the groom the day of the ceremony or the night before, etc. AND NOW, I get it. I have seen Jesse a handful of moments of this week, and all the other time, I have been racing around like a chicken with my head cut off....or Jirem trying to get to his dog treats on a high shelf or something. It's insane. But so, I'm so ready to just hang out with Jesse again and be stupid with him. :).

Yesterday, I was super nervous, scared, anxious, all emotions imaginable. I kept hearing the word 'forever' in my head but in a way from a movie scene with a person saying each syllable VERY slowly and enunciating clearly. "FOR-EV-VER." I mean, I still get scared of the idea of eternity sometimes...in heaven- it's a fear of the unknown which comes from my flesh I am sure, but so of course I'd be a bit scared of 'for-ev-ver' with Jesse. God doesn't fart...I don't think. Jesse, we all know, does. And, I'm sure God is extremely organized and neat....b/c I'm made in his image and I am. Jesse lacks that part of the image :) hehe.

Anyway, BUT, I'm so excited to be back with my joke-ster that I'm not scared anymore. Plus, I prayed for God's emotions and holy emotions and not any fleshly- so I'm calm and peaceful and EXCITED now. :) So I think that's why you aren't supposed to see the groom. The tradition wants you to miss them a bit and be annoyed with all other people surrounding you....not that I'm annoyed with anyone. Thank you Dana Ng for coming over for a few hours yesterday in between ur Father's Day dinner and party at the Chins. Thanks for helping me carry my laundry, dress, cantelope, and diet coke. And thanks for watching me try to fit my entire closet into a 50 lb weigh limit....that took 3 hours.

Anyway, off for God time, shower time, elaborate hair time, and to make my way to an arch that will be beautifully decorated by Nicole Rosado. See you at the arch everyone....where I get to hang out with my groom again....let's just pray he doesn't have any milk this morning. We all know what that does to him :).

muah-
bride to be.

Comments

nicole said…
well I am glad you liked the decorated arch. =)
dang34 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
dang34 said…
haha for the 4th attempt at trying to comment on this post...sorry about that deleted comment.

awwwwwwww I'm so glad to have been able to help and spend some time with you on your marriage eve. =)
whitneygc said…
i spent a week with you before this day... you must have been annoyed with me and cynthia! we weren't mentioned in any other way.

Popular Posts