Majesty...be merciful with me for my eyes have seen holy...

At this moment, and many like it, I am overwhelmed by the holiness and mercy and grace and justice of God- justice fulfilled and completed in Christ Jesus. These moments are the most beautiful moments of my life. I'm quieted and broken...my soul weeps at the richness of the Lord and the sweetness of surrender- the sweetness of having the Lord rip from my hands that which He knows is not good for me...that which so often I cling to for dear life.

"Am I unfit for you? Remember me, the one who turned from you? I come and rise tattered by the fall and the all the earth a witness to my cry....Mercy weep over me and let your tears wash me clean. Majesty be merciful with me for my eyes have seen holy... hear my prayer at night; let the morning find me alive. For I am tired and weakened by the fall. Let all the earth bear witness to my cry...Let the amen sound from heaven as You lift my soul. Let the amen sound from heaven as You lift my soul!!! Let the angels sound from heaven: holy is the Lord. Mercy weep over me; let your tears wash me clean. Majesty be merciful with me for my eyes have seen holy...my eyes have seen holy." -BN

These words seem to describe my entire existence and complete demeanor at the moment. There is nothing outside of Jesus Christ that I need at all, or even want right now. So many times in my life I have turned from Him. I have stared Him in the face and sinned against Him, Him alone. Against myself? Against others? Yes, perhaps, but always and mainly against Him. I am the master of rationalization, the master of denial, my God. I can't say, though, that anything brings more peace to my soul than coming before Him with absolutely nothing but the claim of the Gospel. I hate coming before God when I feel worthy- it sickens me.

So I praise God for breaking my heart...each time He breaks my heart. I thank God that nothing catastrophic or 'special' must happen. There are simply times when the Spirit brings an awareness to me...those are the times for which I live.

So the amen sounds from heaven now as my God, my Lord lifts my soul. May I join with Mary singing "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has looked on the humble estate of his servant." Luke 1:46-47 If all that is enjoyable in my life were to vanish at this moment, if I were to find myself in the depths, I would praise God...because He would continue to be with me. He never no never no never forsakes. I would praise my God because momentarily I was given pleasures of this world which are only meaningless in comparison to our purpose...obeying God.

My God, I bind all the 'sacrifices' in my life to the altar with cords- take all that You desire from me. It is yours. I dare not take it back, and I repent of when I have taken it back or wanted to.

All I bring is all of me. Your love is all that draws me in-

MeginLea

Comments

Popular Posts