Welcome Back?

I used to blog a lot, and then you may have noticed, I abruptly stopped. Ironically, I stopped right around the time my blog was picking up speed with a lot of readers and a lot of people commenting to me regarding it. The reasons I stopped were various.

One reason I stopped blogging was because someone told me he didn't like my posts and thought they were too explicit. I think he's forgotten about my blog by now, however, and he won't even read that he was one of the reasons I stopped blogging. I didn't want to let one person have that much control over what I did, but it really did bother me a lot and left me wavering back and forth with the question, 'should I post?' Or...'is this too explicit?'

Another reason I stopped blogging is because I think it meant a little too much to me. I cared too much about people reading my blog and praising me for various things. It made me feel 'too' good, and I felt I was indugling and getting from said praises validation and affirmation that I actually didn't need. Since I stopped blogging, there have been multiple times I"ve wanted to blog something but then did not because I thought if I posted a link to my blog it would be because I wanted people to read something I thought and think 'good thoughts' about me. I wasn't okay with that b/c it definitely felt sinful to me.

There are a lot of little reasons that contributed to the cessasion of my blogging, but I was thinking I might start adding some thoughts here and there. I've been realizing a lot lately about how God has pulled me out of the 'miry clay.' I don't mean in a current, very recent situation, but I mean on a grander scale in regard to my whole life. This revelation is something I want to share because I'm so amazed that God did that, so greatful, and so ... honestly ... shocked that he did it for ME! I'm in awe, and I want to share b/c that's what you do when you are awestruck and taken aback at the wonder of something incredible! You go and say to someone, anyone, 'Oh my goodness! Did you see that? Do you know about this?'

I think that's all for now...

Comments

Popular Posts